Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Oath's

~click~

Many have looked at me oddly because I hold my oaths close to my heart, or they simply do not understand the meaning of oaths.  In particular the life oath I made to chopsie, I no longer love her but I am bound by my oath to protect her and keep her safe.

How far does it extend though?  If she breaks her oath to me do I break my oath to her?   If she forgets me has that part of her "soul" that loved me gone?  What happens if she remembers?  It reminds me of a story.


There once was two strong warrior trolls.  One male Kujan'jin and one female Trejina.  The made was deeply in love with the female but never told her.  He was strong as the mountains as all trolls were that day and she was as swift as a stranglethorn tiger.  They fought side by side killing anything that would threaten our great empire back then.  After many years of fighting Kunan'jin oathed a oath of eternal friendship.  He promised to keep her safe, to love her, and she did him.  She did not love him the way he loved her though and even after many years Kunan'jin never told her.  Ganjin another troll joined them, hunting the dark forces, killing thousands of murlocks and even challanging the old gods together.  Ganjin and Trejina looked longingly at one another and slowly Kajan'jin took to himself more and more.

One old god the two had waged war on saw this.  He was a god of cunning and knew the secret crush Kujan'jin had.  One night the god sent letters to the Ganjins and Trejina's hut with the smell of pharmones of each one, it was a love letter professing the adoration for each one.  They met in the middle of the little village and embraced one another, wrapping themselves into a passionate kiss.  Kunan'jin was also invited from Trejina, at least thats what he though.  He looked upon the center of the village and saw the two embraced and felt his heart being crushed, turned and left.  Seeing the unbeatable alliance of Trejina and Kunan'jin break the dark god lept down upon both Ganjin and Trejina and captured them.

Kujan'jin hid within a cave, and knowingly left Trejina in danger.  Many trolls that knew the powers of these great warriors approached the cave to let the massive bulk of a troll know but anger grew in his heart.. and hatred was replaced.  He defeated each troll in a duel one after another.  One day a old woman came and reminded the troll of his once oath.. that his friend was in danger.  His rage pushed him to raise a hand against the old woman but the loa removed her clothing and revealed herself.  Her voice boomed within the cave and she grew 100 times and brushed away the cavern to look at the tiny ant upon the ground. "You Kunan'jin have broken your oath!  You being one of the greatest heros within your time have brought our kind to its knees! I will punish them in return! May your strength fade!  May you fall to your knees with each oath broken!  I will not have followers that are barbarians!"  With that a poof, she was gone.

Kajan'jin felt the energy pulled from him but he stood, his knees shook but he ran to the old god's lair.  He broke through the wall's and lept over the traps, he faced the old god and sent him back to the after life with one deadly blow.


Hearing this tale, I am unsure if breaking an oath after chopsie broke hers to me will make it alright.  I will need to talk to the doctor about souls, as much as I would like to forgo my oath I do not think it will make it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment